Quite wonderful, especially with the continued non appearance of Daevid's 'Good Morning' on CD again. For anyone who's favourite Daevid musical era is the late Deya period this is an indespensible release. The cover says that it's a rehearsal for 1977 Gong reunion gig at Hippodrome in Paris and was recorded at Bananamoon Observatory studio in Deya, Majorca.
It sounds as if the majority of this tape was previously released as the GAS tape 'Deya Daze', although the sound quality is much, much better and therefore must have come from a master tape. Some of the tracks are longer, notably 'Magick Brother' where only the first couple of minutes were used on the 'Deya Daze' tape.
These CDs are in matt black card covers with silver and white printing drawn and designed by Daevid. This is the first of a planned 20CD series! Each release will a limited pressing of 1000 copies only - no more will be pressed.
· Daevid Allen: Vocals & glissando guitar
· Gilli Smyth: Spacewhisper
· Pepe Milan: Vocals & accoustic guitars
· Juan Biblioni: Vocals & accoustic guitars
· Cloudhairy Pepe Riba: Violin, souzaphone & contrabass
1. Mystic Sister 03.03 (G. Smyth)
2. Magick Brother 07.22 (D. Allen)
3. Sittin in a Teashop 04.29 (D. Allen)
4. Have You See My Friend 04.09 (D.Allen)
5. I Am The Rapist 02.25 (G. Smyth)
6. Brothasista Invocation 02.30 (G. Smyth)
7. A Wee Bit More 06.00 (Milan/Biblioni/Allen)
8. Prostitute Poem 04.19 (G. Smyth)
9. Five and Twenty Schoolgirls 03.58 (D. Allen)
10. Time of the Bananamoon 04.38 (D. Allen)
11. Deya Goddess 08.26 (D. Allen)